Gazi Husrev Bey’s Library
The Gazi Husrev Bey’s Library is a public library in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina founded in 1537, and is part of a larger complex with Gazi Husrev Bey’s Medresa. It holds one of the most important collections of Islamic mansucripts in Bosnia-Herzegovina, including many originally donated by Gazi Husrev Bey. The collection survived through Bosnian war and Siege of Sarajevo. The library contains over 100,000 volumes of manuscripts, printed books, and documents in Arabic, Turkish, Persian, Bosnian and other languages. More than 10.500 library units include codices of manuscripts with approximately 20,000 texts in the fields of Islamic sciences, Oriental languages, belles-lettres, philosophy, logic, history, medicine, veterinary science, mathematics, astronomy, and others.